Made from a soft, 100% medical grade silicone the cup will last for years, making it better for the environment and more economical. The cup holds more than 3 times as much as a tampon, ideal for those days when your period is heavy. Looking after the earth doesn’t have to cost the earth as one menstrual cup pays for itself after 6 months!
Post birth (size B) is recommended for women aged 30 and above and all women who have given birth vaginally, regardless of age.
- Use day and night.
- Holds 3 times more than a regular tampon for up to 8 hours.
- Ideal for travelling, swimming and exercise.
- Box: recyclable.
- Bag: 100% compostable biodegradable.
How to use
The cup is easily folded and inserted into the vagina like a tampon but sits lower for ease of removal. It will open up once inserted and collect the menstrual fluid. We recommend emptying and rinsing the cup every 4 to 8 hours depending on your personal needs, then reinsert. It should be cleaned more thoroughly in between periods.
1. Clean your Menstrual Cup before first use (see leaflet enclosed for guidance).
2. Wash your hands with warm water and soap and rinse them thoroughly with clean water.
3. Find a comfortable position sitting, squatting or half squatting.
4. Choose the fold that suits you (see leaflet enclosed for guidance).
5. Once folded, insert the Menstrual Cup (see leaflet enclosed for guidance).
6. Remove your Menstrual Cup every 4-8 hours and wash your hands with warm water and soap and rinse them thoroughly with clean water (see leaflet enclosed for guidance).
7. It is very important to keep your Menstrual Cup clean (see leaflet enclosed for guidance).
8. When you have finished your cycle, ensure your Menstrual Cup is thoroughly clean and dry before storing in the cotton bag provided.
Hazards and Cautions
MENSTRUAL CUPS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME (TSS).THIS IS A RARE BUT SERIOUS ILLNESS THAT MAY BE FATAL. The Menstrual Cup will not protect you from pregnancy, nor will it protect against Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). If you have, or suspect you have, a gynaecological condition consult your doctor before you use your Menstrual Cup. Please read the instructions in the enclosed leaflet carefully before first use and retain for future reference. Always empty and rinse your cup every 4-8 hours or more if needed. Store in a cool, dry place.
This Menstrual Cup is made from 100% medical grade silicone.